Application: Part 1 – Developing an Advocacy Campaign The following application (Part 1) will be due in week 4. To prepare: Select a population health issue of interest to you and identify the population affected by the issue. Locate two scholarly article
Application: Part 1 – Developing an Advocacy Campaign
The following application (Part 1) will be due in week 4.
- Select a population health issue of interest to you and identify the population affected by the issue.
- Locate two scholarly articles, each of which provides a description of an effective health advocacy campaign that addresses your issue. The articles need to focus on two different advocacy campaigns.
- Analyze the attributes of the two campaigns to determine what made them effective.
- Reflect on a policy you could propose or suggest a change to a current policy to improve the health of the population you selected.
- Consider how you could develop an advocacy campaign, applying the attributes identified in similar, effective campaigns.
For the Part 1 application (approximately 3–4 pages of content with a title page and references in APA format) address the following:
- Describe your selected population health issue and the population affected by this issue.
- Summarize the two advocacy campaigns you researched in this area.
- Explain the attributes that made those campaigns effective.
- Begin to develop a plan for a health advocacy campaign that seeks to create a new policy or change an existing policy with regard to the issue and population you selected. Be sure to include in your plan:
A description of the public health issue and proposed policy solution
- Specific objectives for the policy you want to be implemented
- Begin to substantiate of your proposed campaign by data and evidence.
- Be sure to paste the rubric at the end of your paper.
By Day 7 of Week 4
This Assignment is due.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK4Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 4 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 4 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK4Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.