This week we will be covering chapter 8 in “Managing Organizational Change”.
This week’s assignment consists of the following:
Complete and submit Case 5 on page 449. Elle Zane-Leading Change at Tufts/NEMC.
Leadership Case-Chapter Exercise:
Below are the five “5” questions I would like for everyone to answer.
1. Describe the health care environment in Massachusetts in the 1990s. What were the driving forces for
change that were pushing the industry? What impact did these forces have on Tufts/New England Medical
2. What happens within Tufts/NEMC as the external environment gyrates with change? What data in the case
supports your claim?
3. What’s wrong with Tufts/NEMC as Zane takes over as CEO in January 2004?
4. How did Zane gain skills as a leader of change?
5. Which type of change would you prefer to lead? Why?
Complete and Submit Case 5 on page 449. Elle Zane-Leading Change at Tufts/NEMC.
You are to answer questions 1-5 on page 289 of Chapter 8.
This case is worth up to 100 points.