NO PLAGARISM!!!! This is a Case Study!!!
Using the Internet to Expedite Patient Care
Shon Brown, a 35 year old male, arrives at his primary physician with complaints of a “cough and shortness of breath that will not go away.” He states that he has had a bark-like cough, pain in extremities, and fever for at least four days and feels like his symptoms are worsening rather than subsiding. When asked, he states that he did not take the flu shot this year. After a routine physical examination, Dr. Williams orders a CBC, chest X-ray, and CT of the chest, with and without contrast and gives him a prescription for a cough suppressant and antibiotics. Dr. Williams will be in touch with him after the lab work and diagnostic procedure findings are in:
1. Shon’s lab and diagnostic findings are indicating pneumonia. You are to create a letter to him, per Dr. Williams, stating his findings are positive for pneumonia (acute pathology) and he should contact the office for a flu shot when he feels better.
2. You have a consent to use E-mail communication on file for Shon. Write an e-mail to him about his lab and diagnostic test results, requesting he contact the office by telephone or internet to arrange an appointment to receive a flu shot.
After reading the required chapter on Using the Internet to Expedite Patient Care, complete and submit the following in an APA format:
* Begin your case study with an introduction explaining the purpose of the case study.
* In no more than two paragraphs explain what a Public Health Record is, what is comprised of, and who (patient, agency, committee, etc.) regulates entry to the PHR?
* Write an e-mail to Shon about his lab and diagnostic test results, requesting he contact the office by telephone or internet to arrange an appointment to receive a flu shot.
* Important Reminder— do not forget to include a reference page, including all sources cited in your essay.
Follow instructions please!!!!!